Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2018

MeToo SLAVE OF SHARIA A****



Dear Earthlings,


I, A****, was married to my husband, who claimed to be a godman, at the tender age of 9.  My father was his die hard follower.  When his first wife died and he proposed to marry me, my father was elated beyond words.  I was too small at that time, but now I think why did my husband seek to protect himself from his opponents by a marriage alliance with me?  Was his God not capable of protecting him?  To this day, this event has cast a shadow over the fate of millions of young Muslim girls whose marriages are justified giving me as an example.


I was barely 13, when I was accused of adultery.  My husband seemed to suspect me.  I was inconsolable.  Luckily, I got away, but the ruling of four adult male witnesses to prove r*** that was revealed in this context has sealed the fate of Muslim women who can rarely hope for justice under this law.  Is this divine justice?  Could this really be God's law?


As I grew older, doubts had begun to creep in my mind, regarding my husband's relationship with God?  God seemed to indulge my husband when it came to women.  He claimed that God exempted him from the limitation of 4 women and he could marry as many as he pleased.  I wondered why God could not have been so kind when he was with his first wife.  When I questioned him about this, God egged him on to divorce me if I did not behave.


My doubts grew even larger when my husband died all of a sudden without even nominating an heir.  How were we to elect a successor?  How could God leave us in the lurch like that?  Even a mere mortal king knows that he has to plan for succession.  How could God not anticipate my husband's death?  Luckily my father retrieved the situation with some deft maneuvering and things seemed to settle down for a while.


But not for long.  Every Tom, Dick, and Harry wanted to be the caliph of Islam.  All the holy platitudes were forgotten as they leapt for each other's throat.  Where was the religion I thought?  This was nothing but a sham after all.  We all had been taken for a ride.  When Ali became the Caliph, I had enough of God's justice.  This was the man who had sided against me in the adultery case.  I would not let him get away with this achievement.  I instigated everybody against him and marched against him with a huge army, but alas it was not to be.  I wonder how would Islam have been today, if I had won that most important battle of my life.


REMINDER:  You can save the planet by understanding, educating, and tweeting.  Do your bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment